Cumbrian trivia fans are flocking to a virtual pub quiz which is being held on Facebook each week.
Dozens of them have been logging on to battle over brain-teasers such as naming the best selling UK singles to deciding whether Richard Osman is taller than Greg Davies.
The quiz is being hosted live on Facebook each week by Carlisle-based PR and social media agency Intro and the first prize has been that most coveted of items during the COVID-19 crisis – a toilet roll.
First to win the quiz was freelance designer, Anthony Ferguson, of Carlisle, who would normally be spending his Tuesday nights at Brewdog’s quiz night.
He said: “This is our Tuesday night sorted for the next few weeks – we just need something to do on the other six nights of the week now.
“It was a really fun thing to do. My boys managed to flush out some crucial answers which made the difference in the end and they really enjoyed it.
“The prize might have been bog-standard, but the quiz certainly wasn’t.”
The quiz questions are set by a different person each week and hosted on Intro’s Facebook page where people watch the live video and comment on questions.
Helen Statham, director of Intro, said: “We started the quiz to offer a bit of light relief in these crazy times and do our bit to connect everyone during the lockdown. It seems to have taken off – we had around 70 taking part during the live broadcast and hundreds more people have watched the videos afterwards.
“The banter on the Facebook comments is one of the best bits – particularly when the answers are read out at the end. We’ve had people joining in from London, Paris and Germany and some people are joining together in teams on their phones to give themselves a better chance.”
“This week’s quiz is being set by Dan Mason who is part of the Intro team as well as being a member of Carlisle band mylittlebrother – so stand by for some questions about music and Star Wars,” she added.
The virtual pub quiz takes place on Tuesday nights at 8.30pm at https://www.facebook.com/weareintro/
- Which Strictly professional announced they would be leaving the show this week?
- What is the name of The Body Coach, Joe Wicks’ current YouTube fitness show aimed at kids and shown every weekday morning during lockdown?
- Who plays the head of MI6’s Russia desk and Eve Polanski’s boss in Killing Eve?
- Who is the tallest, Greg Davies or Richard Osman?
- What are the top 5 best-selling songs (physical single & download) of all time in the UK charts? (In any order)
- Who was the first Mr Men character created by Roger Hargreaves
- How many Horcruxes need to be destroyed before Harry Potter can defeat Voldemort
- 8In the Tom & Jerry cartoons what was the name of the bulldog?
- Which popular UK tourist attraction has been home to the annual World Pasty Championships since 2012?
- Who hosted the TV game show Name that Tune between 1983 – ’88?
- AJ PRITCHARD
- P.E. WITH JOE
- FIONA SHAW
- GREG DAVIES
- ELTON JOHN – CANDLE IN THE WIND; ; BAND AID – DO THEY KNOW IT’S CHRISTMAS?; QUEEN – BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY; WINGS – MULL OF KINTYRE; JOHN TRAVOLTA + OLIVIA NEWTON-JOHN – YOU’RE THE ONE THAT I WANT
- MR TICKLE
- THE EDEN PROJECT
- LIONEL BLAIR