Two fire engines have attended an incident on Glendale Rise, Carlisle.
Fire crews were called at 12:15pm today, Wednesday 27 May.
The fire involved cooking left unattended in a domestic property.
A Cumbria Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said: “Firefighters used two breathing apparatus, one hosereel jet and a thermal imaging camera to extinguish the fire.
“Fire service administered oxygen therapy to one casualty, the casualty was left in the care of North West Ambulance Service.
“Crews were detained for approximately thirty minutes.”