Thunderstorms may cause travel disruption in a few places
Heavy showers and thunderstorms will break out this afternoon before slowly fading this evening.
Whilst not all places will be affected by these shower and thunderstorms, where they do occur torrential downpours are possible.
15 to 25 mm rain may fall in an hour in some places whilst a few spots could see 30 to 40 mm rain in two or three hours.
Frequent lightning is possible and a few places may see some hail.
- Some flooding of a few homes and businesses likely, leading to some damage to buildings or structures
- Probably some damage to a few buildings and structures from lightning strikes
- There is a good chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to
- longer journey times by car and bus
- Delays to train services are possible
- Some short term loss of power and other services is likely