Looking Forward to Our Future, an online Learn Live event hosted by Cumbria Careers Hub, will take place on Tuesday 7 July at 10am, to support young people aged 14-18 thinking about their future.
The joint online event, in partnership with Inspira, Hello Future and the Centre for Leadership Performance, has been organised in recognition that the Covid-19 pandemic has been a particularly challenging time for young people, with many expressing that they feel anxious about their future and the opportunities available to them.
Looking Forward to Our Future aims to help manage some of the worry and concerns that young people have, so that they can feel more confident about their choices and informed on what they can do at this point in time to make sure that they are in the best possible position.
Employers, life coaches, careers advisers, University staff and other young people will be sharing insights, hints and tips to inspire and support, and will also be available to answer questions. The event will provide opportunities to take part in quizzes, activities, live chats and much more.
The event will include:
- Advice on coping with all of the changes Covid-19 has presented and how to keep positive;
- How to sell your best self as a brand in your CV, job applications and interviews to get your dream course or job;
- Make clear what employers look for when seeking people to employ;
- Highlight different areas of work and jobs that may never have been considered;
- Showcase other young people’s experiences of education and skills development, and securing a job;
- Highlight different education options, such as apprenticeships, College and University;
- Help determine a Plan B if the Plan A doesn’t turn out as hoped this summer;
- Support in coping with success and disappointment.
The employers and organisations taking part include: Adamedia, Atkins, BAE Systems, Balfour Beatty, BECBC, BEP, Cavendish Nuclear, The Cumberland Building Society, Cumbria County Council, Jacobs, Katherine Jackson Coaching, KBR, Morgan Sindall Infrastructure, NHS, Northern Gas Works, Lakeland Arts, Oxley Group, Sellafield Ltd, Siemens, Story Homes, PPM, Tyson Burridge, Zeitgeist Communications, and many more.
To register for the event, please visit: https://learnliveuk.com/looking-forward-to-our-future/
Whilst this is a live event on Tuesday 7 July at 10am, information will be available after the event, with the opportunity to ask questions up to 48 hours following.