Police are appealing for witnesses following a one vehicle road traffic collision at High Seaton, Workington on the 21st August at around 11pm.
The collision involved a 125cc moped.
The driver of the moped suffered minor injuries.
A 16-year-old boy who was a pillion passenger was taken to Cumberland Infirmary Carlisle with serious injuries.
The driver a 16-year-old boy from Workington was arrested on suspicion of
- Driving a motor vehicle dangerously
- Failing to stop after a road accident
- Causing serious injury by dangerous driving
- Driving a motor vehicle otherwise than in accordance with a licence
- Using a motor vehicle on a road without third party insurance
He has been since released under investigation.
Officers are appealing for any witnesses who may have seen the moped in the area of High Seaton with two persons on board, the passenger would be distinctive by the fact they were not wearing a helmet.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Sergeant Young from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 101, or email [email protected], or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, quoting log 289 of the 21st August 2020.