Cumbria Crack
Headlines

Man facing jail for his role in Carlisle kidnapping

Sebastian Stec outside Carlisle Crown Court

A MAN has been told he “can expect to receive an immediate custodial sentence” for his part in a kidnapping another man on a Carlisle industrial estate.

Sebastian Stec, 23, appeared at the city’s crown court this morning (FRI).

During a brief hearing, Stec changed his plea to guilty having previously denied the kidnap of a fellow Polish national on June 12 last year.

HIs offence took place on the Kingmoor industrial estate in Carlisle and is also said to have involved a second man who faces the same charge but has yet to appear in court.

No details about the incident were given, while Mark Shepherd, defending Stec, said the defendant had pleaded guilty on a basis which was understood to be acceptable to the prosecution. “Put simply, Mr Stec will say that the only violence (by him) was dragging to the car,” said Mr Shepherd, who had earlier conceded: “I acknowledge that this matter is always a very serious offence.”

Judge David Potter adjourned the case and asked for the probation service to prepare a pre-sentence report on Stec, of Borland Avenue, Carlisle.

He was bailed on condition that he does not contact the kidnap victim directly of indirectly, and is due to be sentenced at the crown court on October 23.

“You have pleaded guilty to kidnap,” Judge Potter told Stec, who was assisted during the hearing by an interpreter. “That is always a very serious offence and you can expect to receive an immediate custodial sentence.”

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More